Travel Warnings Abroad
Please click the link below to download a release from the Texas State Department of Health. Here you will find more information regarding mosquito-born illnesses Chikungunya and Dengue, including symptoms and precautionary measures. It is also important to check with your in-country project leader, the CDC, and/or the US State Department for vaccination requirements or any other warning before you travel.
Country Information, Travel Documents, Vaccinations, etc.
- CIA World Factbook–"The World Factbook provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for the 267 world entities."
- US State Department Travel–Up to the minute information on travel warnings and advisories, required documents, immunizations, vaccines, etc. for every country.
- US State Department STEP Program–Smart Traveler Enrollment Program; suggested for international travel should an emergency occur and the US State Department orders evacuations of American citizens.
- CultureGrams–Provides insider's perspectives of daily life and cultures of the world's people.
- TravelDocs–Processes urgent online applications for Visas, US Passports, etc. in as little as 24 hours.
- World Health Organization
- Center for Disease Control
- Time Zones Around the World
- International Medical Volunteers Association–list organizations that send medical volunteers.
It is often a good idea, especially when traveling in a group of 6 or more, to utilized a travel agency for your air travel.
- Jan Kiser–Travel Agent with Love To Travel
- Educational Opportunity Tours–EOT specialized in mobilizing Christians into missions around the world.
- Fellowship Travel International–FTI works with many non-profit organizations and provides wonderful group travel arrangements, low-cost airfare, and can even provide an international cell phone.
- XE Currency–Free app that delivers live, accurate currency conversion. Available on iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.
- Viber–Free calls, texts and photo-sharing with anyone who also has Viber installed. Available on iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone.
- Packing Pro–Key in facts about your trip (location, duration, etc.) and it will suggest everything you need, from essentianls like your passport, to what type of clothing you'll need, with seperate lists for additional family members. Available on the iPhone for $1.99
- TravelSafePro–Emergency numbers for virtually every country, including embassies. Available on Android for $.99
- PinPin ATM Finder–ATM locations for over 220 countries. Available on Windows Phone for free.
- World Lens–A pretty revolutionary idea, simply hold your phone's camera up to any sign, menu, or word and it will translate it into English in real time. Provides translation from Portugese, German, Italian, French and Spanish into English and vice versa. Note the language packs cost extra. Available on iPhone, Android, and Windows Phone.
- Google Translate–Text and voice translation for 80 languages. Available on iPhone and Android.
- Trip Journal–A virtual scrapbook for you to upload photos, videos, and journal entries to document your trip in real-time; it can even geotag your location if your GPS is turned on and create a map. Available on iPhone and Android.