2017 Info & Application
As an intern for UMVIM, you will have the opportunity to plug into initiatives across the UMC connection that coincide with your interests and passions. Our goal is for our interns to work in both domestic and international placements after learning about the options that the United Methodist Church offers. There is a time of debriefing at the end of the internship.
Take a look at some our interns from past years to learn more about their experience interning for UMVIM. If you have a heart for missions and could see yourself as a candidate for our Summer Internship Program, please see the requirements below and download the application. All applications must be returned to Paulette West no later than February 28, 2017; interviews will be held via Skype in March.
- Submits a 1,000 word essay explaining: Why you want to serve as an UMVIM, SEJ Inter; What strengths and skills you bring; and What skills and abilities you hope to develop
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Has a current valid passport
- Completes a prerequisite of 24 credit hours prior to internship
- Has a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Is responsible for partially funding the international portion of their internship
- Completes and returns application by February 28, 2017
If you have any questions or would like to speak to us about this opportunity, please contact Executive Director Paulette West via email or by phone at 205-453-9480.
Should the student not meet any or all of the above qualifications, he or she should include a 250-word essay explaining why the qualification(s) is/are not met and why he or she should still be considered for the internship.