Team Preparation Info
If you would like to lead an UMVIM, SEJ team but don't know where to start, we have broken down exactly what you need to do! Below are the 6 steps that will take you through every step of the process, from planning your trip to your return. Navigate to the Send A Team tab at the top of this website and click on either "USA" or "International" to learn more about the specifics for each step. You can also find out more under our Travel section, where we have compiled valuable resources and information, such as packing lists, travel agencies, State Department informaton, and more.
At any point in the process, please do not hesitate to contact our office. We are here to help you!
2. Each team will need to comply with their conference's Safe Sanctuary Policy. If your conference does not have one, we have a created one that your team can use, which you will find under All Downloadable Files.
3. If you have not done so, select a project.
4. Register your team and/or apply for insurance. Before beginning the process, each Team Leader will need your departure and return dates, all team members' full names, dates of birth and email addresses. If you are not sure how this process works, we have created a video tutorial which covers everything. If you have questions, please call the office (205-453-9480) while you are in the process before you click "Submit."
5. If you decide to use our insurance, pay for it online using the online portal or by mailing a check to our office.
6. Read "Preparing for the Journey" and share with your team members.